domingo, 4 de outubro de 2009

Life is easy when it's cheesy

The other day, Willem, my adorable Dutch friend, told me that sometimes it seems like I live in a Grey’s Anatomy episode and that hearing about it was as addicting as watching the show. I found that particularly hilarious until I started thinking about it. Was it because the situations I usually go through are extremely absurd or because I’m such a drama queen? I mean, there are moments of my days that I feel like Meredith Grey, or others that I feel like Carrie Bradshaw out of Sex and the City, or even like Ugly Betty.

It’s funny when you start thinking that your life would be a huge hit if ABC started shooting it and displaying it to thousands of people. Hey, I’m not being shallow here I just think that maybe, everyone has their Beverly Hills 90210 moments and that they should all be remembered! Like yesterday, when my best friend and I went craaazy on a dance floor. Or when I was talking to Willem about being the “Alpha male” in a relationship…When your classmate steals your boyfriend or your mom freaks out because you’re wearing low cleavage. Oh! Even better when that guy you’re in love with kisses you under a pouring rain... Wow movie scenes you’ll never forget huh? Well, I guess we all have those moments that we keep in mind for a long time but, what if every moment was a Kodak moment? What if everything was cheesy like getting asked to prom at the perfect timing or proposing under a beautiful moonlight? We wouldn’t appreciate those things as much as we do right? So that’s my idea of a perfect life… Not one lived as if you were in a TV show, but one that has just bits of movie scenes, one that is real and made by you and not by some script writer that just wishes those things had happened to him instead! Yeah, our lives are never perfect they’re just filled with moments… Good or bad, they’re our moments and that’s really what matters!

So… Although I would love to find my McDreamy, I rather face the facts and realize that I do not live inside a TV show and that life moves as we walk and it changes as we talk.

Um comentário:

  1. Pauline q bom t encontrar por aqui...escrevendo em inglês ou português você cativa..se expressa de maneira mt pura...
    escrever é a maior terapia...
    beijão

    ResponderExcluir